Learn asjectives and types of films
Practise the comparison of adjectives and object pronoun
Read a TV guide review and a book excerp
listen to and understand descriptions of a TV programme, a book and a film.
give opinions and gave suggestion.
Write a film review
Types o films
action / adventure / animated/ comedy/ drama / horror / musical / romance/ science fiction / western.
· We use comparatives to compare two things i.e John is taller than Mary
· We use superlatives to compare one thing with the rest of the group it belongs to.
i.e. John is the tallest in the class
1. One syllable adjective we add er (comparative) est (superlative) cheap cheaper cheapest
2. One syllable adjective ending in consonant+vowel+consonant dobles de consonant
i.e. hot hotter the hottest
3. Two syllable adjectives ending in “ Y “ replace the “Y” with –ier
i.e. happy happier the happiest
4. Two or more syllable adjectives we add more/less (Comparative)
the most/the least (superlative) i.e more beautiful than the most beautiful
5. Irregular adjectives
good better the best
bad worse the worst
far farther the farthest
further the furthest
6-compare to things are similar or not
as +adjective+ as
she is as tall as me
she isn’t as tall as me