Unit 8 What’s so funny
Spanish Humour is different from English humour,
Let’s see what are they laughing at!
click at http://esljokes.net/jokes.html and enjoy some of their jokes
Vocabulary Taking a flight
to practise the vocabulary from the survival kit, taking a flight go to the
web created specially for practising it.
To practise the vocabulary of the reading click here
What are Modal Verbs?
Modal verbs are special verbs which behave very differently from normal verbs. Here are some important differences:
1. Modal verbs do not take “-s” in the third person.
- He can speak Chinese.
- She should be here by 9:00.
2. You use “not” to make modal verbs negative, even in Simple Present and Simple Past.
- He should not be late.
- They might not come to the party.
3. Many modal verbs cannot be used in the past tenses or the future tenses.
- He will can go with us. Not Correct
- She musted study very hard. Not Correct
can expresses ability and permission
should gives advise
must it is an obligation
have to it is a necessity
mustn’t expresses prohibition
Remember to make and adverb from and adjective sometimes we add LY /slow- slowly
Sometimes the regulars , they can change the spelling , happy happily, gentle gently
there are some irregulars:
fast …………. fast