- To practice the compound words click here
- In the following sentences, fill in the gaps with one of the following determiners:
something/anything – somebody/anybody – somewhere/anywhere
1) She said but I didn’t understand anything.
2) Has found my blue pencil? No, I’m sorry.
3) Would help me, please? Yes, I can help you.
4) Have you got to eat? No, I haven’t.
5) Tom, can you give me to drink, please?
6) Is there in the house? No, it’s deserted.
7) Do you know about London transport? No, I don’t.
8) What’s wrong? “There’s in my eye.”
9) Would you like to drink? Yes, please.
10) has broken the window. I don’t know who.
11) He didn’t say .
12) I’m looking for my keys. Has seen them? No, I’m sorry.
13) Teach me exciting.
14) I didn’t eat because I wasn’t hungry.
15) Dad, can we go on Sunday? Yes, what about going to the zoo?
- a song by Peter Denahy teenage song
- Humor about the funny things in life
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, And Nobody
|This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job.
Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done